Lifestyle Support employs a Registered Nurse to attend ‘Sir Eric Woodward School in St Ives every school day from 8am to 3.30pm.
This invaluable nursing service allows students to attend a regular school with the nurse providing assistance with:
- Administering gastrostomy feeds and medications
- Providing emergency care for students experiencing seizures, asthma attacks, respiratory difficulties or any other serious condition
- Liaising with teachers, parents, therapists, doctors to address any issues
- Providing health information, education and advice to parents and teachers
- Development, implementation and review of student’s Health Care Plan.
If you need a nurse to assist you attend school, ensure you include it in your plan.