Can I access the NDIS?
To be able to receive NDIS in the future, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Have a permanent and significant disability that affects your ability to take part in everyday activities
- Be aged less than 65 when you first access the scheme
- Be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen who holds a Protected Special Category Visa and;
- Live in a trial site location (during the trial). From July 2016 more locations will be available.
- Access the NDIS Access Checklist on the NDIS website www.ndis.gov.au to find out if you are able to receive assistance from the NDIS and the next steps.
For people living outside trial sites, existing national and state-based services and supports will continue until the NDIS is introduced in your area or extended to your age group.