What is NDIS?
The NDIS stands for the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
The NDIA stands for the National Disability Insurance Agency, who governs the scheme.
The NDIS puts you at the centre of decision-making, allowing you to determine your own future and receive funding which matches your needs and aspirations.
The NDIS Process
- Get Ready -Think about your support needs and also your goals.
- An NDIS Planner or a Local Area Coordinator will contact you to begin the planning process.
- Choose your supports – You decide what you do, when you do it and with who and what organisation
- Once the NDIS has confirmed you can access the scheme, an NDIS representative will arrange to meet with you. Together, you will discuss your needs, goals and aspirations and the supports you currently receive and may need in the future. You can bring someone with you for support during your meetings. Using this information, your Connector will work with you to develop a plan of supports that best meets your needs and your goals.
Our Lifestyle Support team can help you gain support for your pre planning meeting. They can:
To prepare for your NDIS journey, Royal Rehab’s Lifestyle Support service can assist you with pre planning before you meet the an NDIA representative. Our friendly staff will sit down with you, your family/carers or your support team to help plan for your future.
How Can We Help?
Royal Rehab is a registered NDIS service provider with third party verification against the Disability Services Standards.
We will be able to assist you with your pre planning documentation as well we offer the many NDIS supports listed in our Services section including accommodation, therapy, daily life skills, behaviour support, health and wellbeing and community participation.
This website offers an NDIS calculator which can provide you options using the NDIS Price Guide. It does not list all supports available.
If you would like a quote on supports please contact Royal Rehab on Tel: 9808 9222
There are three types of ways you can manage your funds:
- Agency-managed: The NDIA will make payments to your chosen support providers on your behalf. There is no cost to you.
- Self-managed budgets: You directly pay support providers and get reimbursed by the NDIA. You manage your plan’s financial and administration process.
- Plan management provider: You engage and pay another organisation to undertake the financial management for you
For more information on pricing visit http://www.ndis.gov.au/participants/understanding-your-plan-and-supports
One of our clients Paul, shares his story on our Case Study page.